I unearthed this lampshade from the back of the boiler cupboard during a mass-clearout and decided it was ripe for a little tropical update.
Here is what I used:
(pretty basic ingredients – you may also want a plate for mixing paints)
I found inspiration for my design in a bird book I picked up from Deptford market a few months ago purely for the lovely illustrations:And then I was brave and put brush straight to shade.
You may want to sketch out your design first. That may be wise.
Then I found an un-used base (not the biggest fan of this one, but my skills do not quite extend to making my own… just yet) and popped it on.
I think it looks OK.
This entry was posted in CBA DIY
and tagged (G)lamp-shade
, deptford market
, fabric paint
. Bookmark the permalink